Fall season is here and nothing gets me more into the season than turning on my oven and baking some yummy goodies! My all-time favorite cookie is Oatmeal Chocolate Chip so today I am sharing my favorite recipe. I’m also a huge fan of sweet and savory in one so I added a salty twist to the recipe to give it just the right amount of savory.
TIPS FOR THE PERFECT CHEWY COOKIES:
- If you like really soft and chewy cookies (like me!), over baking them will be your dismay. The cookies will be ready when the edges are lightly browned but the center still looks very soft.
- Don’t leave them out uncovered for too long. It will dry out the cookies and take away from the chewiness.
- I use sea salt in all my cookies because I love the contrast with the sweetness. Adds a great touch!
- Chopped nuts can be added as well. Pecans and almonds complement these cookies very well.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature/ melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
In a large bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
Beat butter, sugars, and eggs. If using a mixer, mix it all on med-high until pale and fluffy (approx. 3 minutes).
Turn to low and add flour mixture. If not you can just do it by hand.
Add oats and chocolate chips.
Chill dough in the fridge for an hour (optional, but I found this step produces better results).
Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
Using a small cookie scoop or your hands, place the cookies 2 inches apart from some another. I did 8 per sheet.
Bake for 10 mins or until edges are lightly browned.
Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet, sprinkle a pinch of salt on the tops, and you’re all set!
Hope you get to bake this yummy recipe! 🙂